Old Methodist Chapel

Elizabeth Ann OWTRAM: artist

No image available

Not On Display

About the work


Old Methodist Church. This Chapel was built in 1842 fronting William Street, when the original chapel (the building to its right) was found inadequate for the growing number of worshippers. It in turn, was replaced as the main Methodist building by Wesley Church on the corner of Hay and William Streets. The foundation stone of Wesley Church was laid in 1867
Title
Old Methodist Chapel
Artist/Maker and role
Elizabeth Ann OWTRAM: artist
Date
c 1890
Medium
watercolour on paper
Measurements
13.6 x 22.9 cm
Credit line
Purchased through the Geoffrey William Robinson Bequest Fund, 2001
The State Art Collection, The Art Gallery of Western Australia
Accession number
2001/0019

This is one of the watercolours in our collection.



Share